Dr. Jay Shephard shared his passion for health and wellness by providing chiropractic services to NW Calgary chiropractor patients so they could live, work and play — pain-free.
Shephard Health takes pride in staying abreast of the latest advanced techniques in chiropractic and wellness care. Dr. Jay Shephard is an active instructor of ART (Active Release Technique), practicing this technique since 1998. Dr. Shephard is also one of the first practitioners of the Graston Technique in Calgary.
Shephard Health has been providing manual sports therapy along with corrective exercise rehabilitation to patients who have sought him out from all over. The team at Shephard Health has over 20 years of experience in assessing and treating injuries as well as biomechanical dysfunction.
We are conveniently located in Kensington, on Kensington Road NW across from Original Joe’s Restaurant. We are easily accessible via Calgary Transit buses and just a short 10-minute walk from the Sunnyside LRT station.
Our convenient weekday hours were designed to meet your busy schedule. We pride ourselves on being an efficient practice that does not keep you waiting! Whether you are a weekend warrior or an everyday person like the rest of us, Dr. Shephard and his team want to help you achieve your health and wellness goals.
The team at Shephard Health understands that healing and wellness is an entirely individual process and as such, we will tailor your treatment plan to meet your individual needs. Shephard Health is committed to helping you achieve pain-free living, one step at a time.
As a courtesy to our patients, Shephard Health offers:
- Complimentary new patient consultation
- Direct billing to most insurances
- Motor vehicle accident rehabilitation
- Custom foot orthotics
- All new patients welcome
- No referral required
- Weight loss and nutrition counselling
At Shephard Health, we are much more than just a NW Calgary chiropractor, that is why we assess you as a whole person and customize a treatment plan according to your specific needs. Whether you are seeking care for an injury, improving function and mobility, or wanting to achieve peak physical performance – it is our goal to work with you to help you reach your physical goals.
At Shephard Health, by offering you multiple health disciplines and treatment modalities all under one roof, we can help you find the care you need without taking too much time away from your busy schedule.
It is our goal to equip you with the appropriate education, rehabilitation tools, and preventative measures to enable you to become an active participant in your own well-being and treatment plan. Our individualized and holistic approach to treatment is based on tradition and the latest scientific and clinical research available.
At Shephard Health, we are committed to staying at the leading edge of today’s wellness services, not just with chiropractic care but with innovative services such as shockwave therapy, Active Release Therapy, electro acuscope and myopulse and cold laser therapy.
“I continue to expand my skills every day, so I can provide my patients with the most up to date, effective techniques. As the clinic director of Shephard Health Centre, I am selective about the practitioners I bring on board as members of the chiropractic and wellness team. I have been fortunate to find the chiropractic doctors who share my dedication and passion and who work hand-in-hand to provide successful diagnosis and treatment for our patients”
- Dr. Jay Shephard
At Shephard Health Centre we have been providing chiropractic, manual and sport therapy services along with corrective exercise rehabilitation for over 20 years. Our experience in the assessment of injury and biomechanical dysfunction is extensive. As well as treating the weekend warrior and everyday folks like you and .
Dr. Jay had the pleasure of treating Olympic athletes and professional athletes from the NHL, CFL, NFL, MLB, and PGA Tour, as well as movie actors and touring recording artists.
Dr. Jay Shephard was born and raised in Calgary and graduated from Palmer College of Chiropractic West in 1992. As well as introducing Active Release Techniques to western Canada, Dr. Shephard holds advanced certification in Active Release Techniques (ART) and has been an active instructor of ART since 1998. He was also one of the first practitioners to bring the Graston Technique to Calgary.
Dr. Jay (as he is often called by his patients) has been providing manual and sports therapy along with corrective exercise rehabilitation to all that seek him out. Dr. Shephard has over 20 years experience in the assessment of injury and biomechanical dysfunction. As well as treating weekend warriors and everyday folks like you and I, Dr. Jay Shephard has had the pleasure of treating Olympic athletes and professional athletes from the NHL, CFL, NFL, MLB, and PGA Tour, as well as movie actors and touring recording artists.
Dr. Andrew Moore was born and raised in Edmonton, he graduated from Palmer College of Chiropractic West in 2020. Dr. Moore is certified in active release technique (ART), and proficient with Graston and rehabilitation exercises. Dr. Moore has always been very active in sports and exercise. He developed a love for Chiropractic at a very young age and found it to be an invaluable tool to help him continue to stay active and perform at his best.
With over 10 years of Registered Massage Therapy (RMT) and five years Manual Osteopathy experience in Ontario, Jared has worked with an extensive spectrum of musculoskeletal conditions through his work at Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation Clinics. His treatment modalities include Swedish Massage, Myofascial, Joint Mobilizations, including a visceral and craniosacral focus. Jared’s treatment philosophy is that each client is unique and should be treated as such.
Jared’s aspiration to help people as an RMT stems from a childhood passion for sports, being active and a keen interest in the way the human body works. This led him to complete a B.Sc. in Human Kinetics at St. Francis Xavier University in Nova Scotia. Following that he worked as a Fitness and Sports Instructor and Personal Trainer for the Canadian Military. From training, he shifted his education to therapeutic touch as he received an Advanced Diploma in Massage Therapy from Algonquin College (2012), and a Diploma in Osteopathic Manipulative Practice from the Southern Ontario College of Osteopathy (2017).
- When you come into the office, you will be greeted by our friendly administration staff.
- Our admin team will assist you in filling out your detailed health history form. This gives the team the most information about your condition to see if they can help you.
- Our admin team will take you through a tour of our office. We want to familiarize you with what we offer and explaining how we may be able to best assist you with your health needs.
- You will be escorted to our consultation room.
- Your doctor will sit down with you and discuss your health history as well as your health concerns and goals of treatment.
- The doctor will determine if they can help you with your health concerns or if they cannot. They will discuss previous experience they have had with similar health conditions and what you can expect with your care in our office.
- The doctor will explain their best recommendations and all costs associated. All of this with no obligation to begin treatment!
- As well as current pain points, goals, and lifestyle, it will generally last anywhere from 60 to 90 minutes, and we ask that you wear comfortable clothes.
- Our team will administer a physical exam that will help us determine the cause of your discomfort.
- We’ll design a program centered around your needs, offering the safest, quickest solutions to keep your pain from recurring, so office visits with us become a thing of the past.
- Your plan begins on Day 1 in our office, so come prepared to work, and we’ll be prepared to provide chiropractic solutions, take-home exercise, active health options, massage therapy, and more for a holistic approach to your wellness.
However, we’ll pack in a multitude of non-invasive techniques that will curb your pain, restore mobility, and help you find balance. Your trust in our abilities and your plan is crucial, ask us questions, give us feedback; we’re here for you and your family.
Have A Question For Our Team?
Leave it in the space below, we will get back to you as soon as possible.
If you are looking for a Calgary chiropractic clinic that offers extended wellness services, make Shephard Health your choice for optimum health and wellness. Book online today.